Although I diligently try to address the referee need each year we seem to have less and less people willing to help in that area. It is the only thing we pay for. When we created the league I signed up myself and my son and did the class and became certified and then I have done the assignment for all games since that time for free. Most other clubs pay probably $5 per game to someone.
I only say that to emphasize my effort here as a volunteer but I need help. I can not invent referees and it has to come from the body of all who are playing. Thanks to a couple of you who have enrolled.
How to become a Referee.
PLEASE TEXT ME @ 863-221-8193 Vince Delgado to let me know that you are interested.
1. Registration: Go to www.flsrc.org<http://www.flsrc.org>
2. Grass Roots referee Course: You would take the grass roots course. You have to be at least 13 years old.
3. Who to call if problems: If you start to enroll and have any issue call John Bauman at 863-206-5691 and he can help you. If it does not allow you to sign up because too close to the clinic call John and maybe he can still get you in. Make the decision today and enroll today.
4. Referee Clinic: You have to register for a referee clinic when signing up and we have one in Lake Wales this Saturday from 1PM to 4PM. There are others In Polk county.
5. Background etc: The background if you are a coach is already done. You do have to do the same other things you do for coaching such as Safesport and Heads up Concussion.
6. Cost and reimbursement: The cost is I believe $105 and we will reimburse you ½ of that after you complete all. If you have a financial issue paying up front call me and we can find a solution especially if you plan to help me with this.
7. What to do: What all is involved in doing the on line class?
a. You have a number of modules you have to complete
b. Once done there is an open book test. You can look up any answer you do not know.
c. You have to go to a referee clinic before you are technically certified. That is to make sure you have a little idea how to actually referee.
8. Uniform: We do have uniforms you can borrow but we also have the New style, Jersey short socks for $25.
Please consider helping fill this void.